Deus ex Machina
St George in the East
St George in the East is an Anglican Church and one of six Hawksmoor churches in London, England, built from 1714 to 1729, with funding from the 1711 Act of Parliament. The name of the church was also the parish for the surrounding area.
It is located on Cannon Street Road, between The Highway and Cable Street, in the East End of London.
Behind the church lies St George’s Gardens, the original graveyard, which was passed to Stepney Council to maintain as a public park in mid-Victorian times.